Welcome to proximie.com (the “Site”), which is owned and operated by Proximie Limited (“we” or”us”). These Terms set out the terms and conditions on which we provide our users (“you”) with:
- Access to the Site; and
- Access to the subscription services and content which we provide through the Site, through our mobile applications, including without limitation Proximie and through any other of our applications, web pages, interactive features, widgets, news, social networks, social network “tabs,” or other online or electronic offerings that link to these Terms, whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other means (“Services”).
By accessing or using the Site or Services, by using any interactive areas of the Site, or by uploading, submitting, browsing or downloading any video, audio, images, text, or other content featured on the Site or Services (“Content”) to or from the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all policies and guidelines we issue. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, you may not use the Site or Services.
1.2 How These Terms Work
Most of these Terms apply to all users of our Site, whether they are visitors or browsing, or whether they are registered users. Other sections of these Terms apply only to registered users of our Services, or particular Services. The remainder of this section 1 applies to all users, while sections 2 and 3 apply to registered users and to users of particular Services respectively.
- Any specific policies or guidelines which may apply to particular features or functions of the Site or Services (such as acceptable use policies, content standards, protocols agreed with your particular institution, or similar);
- In connection with our mobile applications, our End User Licence Agreement (“EULA”), copies of which are available within the application itself; and
- Any other agreement which you may have in place with us or our affiliates or subsidiaries (together “Affiliates”) for products, services or otherwise.
1.3 Your General Obligations
The following general obligations apply to all users of the Site and Services:
- You hereby warrant that you are authorised to contract with us on these Terms, and to conduct any activities which you may conduct through your account. This means in particular that if you are an individual you are over 18 years old and that if you are using the Site or any Services or are accessing and using Content on behalf of any company or other entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept these Terms (including such entity’s indemnification and other obligations set out below) on such entity’s behalf.
- You may only use the Site and Services for lawful purposes, in accordance with any applicable codes of professional conduct, and may not use it in any way that breaches any local or international law, for the purposes of fraud or to transmit unsolicited advertising, or spam.
- You warrant that any information you submit to the Site or through the Apps at any time (whether registering for an account, uploading Content or otherwise) must be true and not misleading and that you will not impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You may not take, post, upload, publish, transmit or otherwise make use of any screen shots, screen captures, reproductions, drawings, photos, videos, downloads or data of any of the images, comments or contributions to Proximie or any Content except with the consent of Proximie and any relevant institution.
- You may not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Services or Apps, Proximie’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Proximie’s providers.
- You may not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Proximie systems or networks or breach or attempt to circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting the Site, Services, Apps or Content, or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to another user’s account.
- You may not attempt to access or search the Site, Services, App or Content, or download Content from the Site, Services or App through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including scripts, bots, spiders, scrapers, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Proximie or other generally available third-party web browsers.
- You may not use the Site, Services, Apps or Content for any commercial purpose (without limiting their use for training, preparation and efficiency purposes within the scope of a licence granted under these Terms or the EULA) or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms.
- You may not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services, Apps or Content, except to the extent that such activities cannot be prohibited by law.
- You may not interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site or Services.
- You may not collect or store any personal data from the Services, Apps or Site or from other users of the Services, Apps or Site without their express permission.
- You may not encourage or enable any other person to do any of the foregoing prohibited activities.
We may investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law, and where appropriate may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms.
1.4 Our General Obligations
We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Site, Services and Apps available to you, subject to and in accordance with any applicable user documentation issued by us, and subject to and in accordance with these Terms.
1.5 Intellectual Property Rights and Limited Licence
Unless otherwise indicated on the Site, the Site and all Content and other materials on the Site, including, but not limited to, our logo and all designs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Materials”) are our property or that of our Affiliates, licensors or users and are protected by United Kingdom and/or international copyright laws and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. You may not remove any notices or credits posted on the Site, or any additional information contained along with any such notices and credits.
Subject to and conditional upon your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, revocable licence to access and make use of the Site and electronically copy (except where prohibited without a licence) and print to hard copy portions of the Site for your informational, non-commercial and personal use only, solely in accordance with, and subject to, these Terms and any other agreement you may enter into with us or any of our Affiliates. Such licence does not include, except as and to the extent otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms:
- Any other collection, use, copying or distribution of any portion of the Site or the Materials;
- Any resale, commercial use, commercial exploitation, distribution, public performance or public display of the Site or any of the Materials;
- Modifying or otherwise making any derivative use of the Site or the Materials, or any portion thereof;
- Use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- Downloading (other than page caching) of any portion of the Site, the Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; or
- Any use of the Site or the Materials other than their intended purposes.
Any other use of the Site or of any Materials not owned by you, without our prior written consent, is strictly prohibited, and your licence to use the Materials shall terminate automatically on any such unauthorised use. Such unauthorised use may also violate applicable laws, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes.
No licences or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Proximie or its licensors, except for the licences and rights expressly granted in these Terms or in our EULA.
1.6 Copyright Complaints
It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property infringement. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site or through the Services in a way that constitutes an infringement of copyright, please notify us through the process set out below.
If we determine in our discretion that any user of our Site or Services is infringing any third party’s intellectual property rights, then we may remove all Content submitted by that user and take whatever other actions we deem necessary, including notifying the appropriate government authorities or suspending or terminating that user’s access to the Site or Services.
WRITTEN NOTICE OF ANY CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DESIGNATED AGENT NAMED BELOW.
- Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
- Name: Nadine Haram
- Address: The Harley Building, 77 New Cavendish Street London, W1W 6XB, UK
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Any email notifications should include “Notice of alleged service provider infringement” in the subject line of the email.
Such notice must include the following information:
- The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party.
- A description of the infringing materials and a link to the infringing materials, or if a link is not available, a description of the location of these materials on the website.
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works.
- A statement by the copyright owner that the copyright owner has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials.
- A statement of the accuracy of the statements made and, under penalty of perjury, a statement that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once proper notice is given, we will remove the material. A party whose material was removed improperly may send a counter-notice to the above-referenced address. Counter-notices must include the following:
- The sender’s name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material and its location prior to removal.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification.
- The sender’s consent to the local federal court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body.
Proximie, the Proximie logo, and all other of our products and service names, logos and slogans contained in or displayed on the Site or Services are our trademarks or service marks and may not be copied, imitated or otherwise used, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilising any such marks, or any of our urls, without our consent.
In addition, the look and feel of the Site, our Apps and our Content, including, but not limited to, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is our service mark, trademark and/or trade dress and may not be copied, imitated or otherwise used, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks, product names and company names and logos mentioned in or displayed on the Site are the property of their respective owners and may not be used without their consent.
Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
You may create a text hyperlink to the Site for non-commercial purposes, provided such link does not portray us or any of our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided the linking site does not contain any material that is offensive, harassing, pornographic or otherwise objectionable, or which is defamatory, in breach of confidence, infringing or otherwise unlawful. This permission may be revoked by us at any time.
You may not use a Proximie logo or any other of our proprietary graphics to link to the Site, nor use, mirror, frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any Proximie trademark, service mark, logo or any other of our proprietary information, including, but not limited to, the images found on the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Site without our prior written consent.
1.9 User Content and Interactive Services or Areas
The Site and Services include (or may include in future) content hosting and storage services, discussion forums, user generated content or other interactive areas or services (collectively, Interactive Areas), including, but not limited to, galleries, forums, chat rooms, news (including, but not limited to, the Proximie News), message boards, online hosting or storage services, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store Content on the Site (collectively, User Content).
Some Interactive Areas are available to all users, whether or not they have a registered account with us. For example, in order to post any comments on our News, you will first need to log in using either your account on our Site or an account you may have with a third-party service such as Hootsuite, Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google. Your use of those third-party services will be subject to such terms and conditions as are applied by the relevant third-party service provider.
Some Interactive Areas are available only to our registered users to submit video content and associated workflows and annotations. For example, you can submit videos to the Site using the Proximie Web function, and may access and annotate those videos using the Site or the Proximie App. We call those videos and associated content “Video Content”, and additional terms apply to Video Content as set out in section 2 below.
1.10 User Content Standards
You may not post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following:
- Any User Content that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable or harmful, including, but not limited to, any User Content containing nudity that would be unacceptable to display publicly (in our sole opinion, and accepting that surgical videos may feature nudity by their nature);
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of us or others (including, but not limited to, our Affiliates), endanger national security, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- User Content that may infringe or violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or other proprietary rights of us or others (including, but not limited to, our Affiliates). By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to use, display, distribute, and reproduce such User Content;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- User Content that, in our sole judgement, is objectionable, harmful or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Site, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any nature or type.
Although we prohibit certain activities in these Terms, we do not control and take no responsibility or liability for, or in connection with, any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage to it. Your use of the Interactive Areas and any User Content is at your own risk. We have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content posted in any Interactive Areas. We may remove, screen or edit the User Content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason without notice. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site at your sole cost and expense.
You understand and acknowledge that any User Content contained in public postings, including, but not limited to, any portions of the Site that may be designated as private or restricted-access, may be accessible to the public and could be accessed, indexed, archived, linked to and republished by others, including, but not limited to, appearing on other websites and in search engine results.
Therefore, you should be careful about the nature of the User Content you post. We will not be responsible or liable for any third-party access to or use of the User Content you post.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or otherwise control all of the rights to the User Content that you post, or you otherwise have the right, and any necessary consents, to post such User Content to the Site and to grant the rights granted herein;
- The User Content you supply is accurate and not misleading; and
- Using and posting the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and does not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
1.11 Licences in User Content
If you post User Content to the Site, then unless we indicate otherwise, you grant us and our Affiliates a worldwide, unrestricted, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable (through several tiers) licence:
- To display (publicly or otherwise) the User Content;
- To create new and different works that include the User Content, that is, to reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, and otherwise use the User Content or derivative works, in whole or in part, in any manner including in combination with any other material, in any format or media, whether now existing or hereafter devised; and
Our licenced rights in relation to Video Content, however, are different and will be set out in section 2 below.
By posting User Content, you waive all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with the User Content, or any portion of it, including, without limitation, names and likenesses, or any advertising or publicity. You expressly release us from all claims, demands, liabilities, or causes of action whether now known or unknown, for defamation, trademark or copyright infringement, violation of moral rights (including any attribution right or right to object to derogatory treatment), and invasion of the rights to privacy, publicity, or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the User Content.
1.12 Third Party Sites, Products and Services
We may host or provide links to products, Web pages, Websites and other content of third parties (Third Party Sites). The inclusion of any link or the hosting of any content is provided solely as a convenience to our users and does not imply affiliation, endorsement, approval, control or adoption by us of any website or any information or content contained on any website. We make no claims or representations regarding, and accept no responsibility for such Third Party Sites, or for the quality, accuracy, nature, ownership or reliability thereof. If you use these links and the Third Party Sites to which they resolve, you do so at your own risk. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Website to which you navigate from the Site.
We may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site or may otherwise provide information or links to third party products or services on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of our advertisers and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and such third party. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such third party advertisers or third party information on the Site.
1.13 Your Submissions
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site or Services. You may submit feedback by emailing us at the contact details provided.
You acknowledge and agree that any materials, including, but not limited to, questions, comments, suggestions, feedback, ideas, plans, creative materials or other information or work of authorship, provided by you in the form of emails or other submissions to us or otherwise posted on the Site will become our sole property. We will own worldwide and exclusive rights, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property rights embodied therein, and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation or reimbursement of any kind to you. By making such submissions, you acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
- You have provided notice as required under applicable law and obtained all consents, releases and licences from any and all persons and entities that appear in any content you post, or that have any interest in any content you post;
- Your submissions do not contain confidential or proprietary information;
- We are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the submissions;
- We will be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) any submissions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide;
- We may have materials similar to your submissions already under consideration or in development;
- Your submissions automatically become our property without our obligation to you; and
- We may, but are not obligated to, review or monitor areas on the Site where users may transmit or post communications.
1.14 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE, THE CONTENT, THE APPS AND OTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE AND APPS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PROXIMIE NEWS) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND – WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY AND WHETHER ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OR TRADE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES NOT INCLUDED IN THESE TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, IN EACH CASE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE MATERIALS, THE CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PROXIMIE NEWS) IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, FREE OF DEFECT, STABLE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE, ITS WEB SERVERS OR ANY EMAIL SENT BY US OR FROM THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE OR SECURE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION, UNAVAILABILITY, OR DISCONTINUANCE OF ANY OF THEM.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY.
IN ADDITION, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, ENDORSEMENT, GUARANTEE NOR DO WE ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS (OR THE CONTENT THEREOF), USER CONTENT, DEVICES OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED, PROMOTED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED ON ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND A THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OF THE FOREGOING.
1.15 Additional Disclaimers in Relation to Surgical and Medical Use
The Content provided through the Site, Apps and Services is provided for educational, research, and reference purposes only, or as training, preparation and efficiency tools. The Content has been created as an aid to surgical training and is not designed to replace or substitute real life operative experience of the procedures depicted in the Content, a recognised surgical training programme or the advice of a qualified healthcare professional and should not be used for these purposes.
Nothing on our Site, Apps or Services is intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. The surgical procedures depicted in the Content must not be performed by any person who is not medically qualified, registered and regulated by the relevant authorities in their territory of practice to perform surgery. Medical professionals are responsible for their own clinical and surgical decisions and should not rely on the Site, Apps or Services in making them.
Patients should not disregard or avoid professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of any Content. The Content has not been endorsed or approved by any governmental body or by any medical association or organisation.
The App, Services and Content may include contributions from third parties such as medical device manufacturers, hospital trusts and other medical and research institutions, academic institutions or other commercial or research partners or their respective affiliates (together “Partners”). Neither we, nor our Affiliates, nor our Partners, have any liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) based on any claim that the App, Services or Content or the surgical techniques depicted in them were inaccurate, incomplete or incorrect. Our Partners may rely on and enforce this provision as third party beneficiaries.
1.16 Limitation of Liability
OUR AND THEIR TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SITE, SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, APPS, AND/OR THE CONTENT AT ISSUE INCLUDING ANY THIRD PARTY APPS OR CONTENT), SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS IN QUESTION.
THE DEFENDANTS SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RELY ON AND ENFORCE THIS PROVISION AS THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES.
Nothing in these Terms will operate to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud, or for any other matter for which our liability cannot lawfully be limited or excluded. This provision shall take priority over any conflicting provision elsewhere in the Terms.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our Affiliates, and our and their respective independent contractors, service providers, consultants, directors, officers, employees and agents, and applicable third parties (such as licensors, partners and advertisers whose products, services or content features in the Content) (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any actual or threatened suit, demand or claims, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including, but not limited to, penalties, fines, damage awards, settlement amounts, and reasonable legal and professional fees) brought against any Indemnified Parties, arising out of or relating to:
- Your use of the Site, Services or the Content (including, but not limited to, your use, installation or service of the App or the Content);
- Your conduct;
- Your failure to perform your obligations under these Terms (including, but not limited to, your violation of these Terms), and in particular, the failure to remove any Protected Health Information or Personal Data;
- Any violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations by you or your personnel; and/or
- Your violation of the rights of any third party.
Each of the Indemnified Parties shall be a third party beneficiary of, and entitled to rely on and enforce this provision.
1.19 Termination and Account Cancellation
We may suspend or permanently revoke your access to and use of the Site, Services, Apps and/or Content at any time, with or without cause, and in particular may do so If you breach any of these Terms. You may terminate any contract with us on these Terms, and if applicable may close your registered account, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. The change will be processed within 14 calendar days.
1.20 General Legal Provisions
Any contract between you and us on these Terms and the documents referred to in these Terms constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the subject matter. You acknowledge that in contracting with us you do not rely on any representation or warranty not set out in the Terms.
Nothing in the Terms creates any relationship of agency, partnership, or employment between you and us. Neither you nor we are authorised to enter into any commitment on behalf of the other, except as expressly set out in the Terms.
A person who is not a party to any contract under these Terms shall not have any rights to enforce any of them, except where expressly stated otherwise. We will not require any consent or approval of any third party to amend these Terms or any of the documents referred to in them.
Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms.
You may not assign or transfer any contract made under these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Proximie’s prior written consent. We may assign or transfer any such contract without restriction. These Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of Proximie.
Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
The contract between you and us on these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any dispute between us in relation to that contract or its subject matter shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that we may bring claims in your territory of domicile and may seek equitable relief (including injunctive relief or specific performance) in any jurisdiction.
When you visit the Site or send emails to us, you communicate with us electronically and consent to receive communications from us electronically. We may communicate with you by: (a) email to your email address indicated in your communications with us, (b) posting general notices on the Site, or (c) posting messages that are displayed to you when you log in to or access the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
You understand that your use of the Services may involve or require the transmission of significant amounts of data. You are solely responsible for all data charges that may be charged by your wireless carrier or internet service provider or that may otherwise arise from your use of the Services.
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and at our sole discretion. Any such changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and by continuing to use the Site or Services you will be accepting them. For that reason, you should frequently review these Terms and all applicable policies or guidelines on the Site.
If you do not agree to any changes or modifications to these Terms, or to any applicable policies or guidelines on the Site, your sole recourse is to stop using the Site and Services, and you will no longer be able to access any Content.
1.22 Contacting Proximie
If you have any questions about these Terms, or our Site, Content or Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 2 – Terms Applicable Only to Our Registered Users
This section applies to those Services which we make available only to those users who have registered an account with us.
2.1 Account Registration
Before you start using any areas of the Site, or access any Services which are available only to our registered users, or access any Interactive Areas or Content which are available only to our registered users, you must complete the online registration process on the Site or relevant App by providing accurate, current and complete information about you (the “Registration Data”) and accepting these Terms. Upon our acceptance of your registration form, at our sole discretion, we will provide you with login identification and a unique password to enable you to access your account.
We do not guarantee the continued availability of the Site or Services or your account to you. We reserve the right to deny your registration request or to terminate or suspend your account at any time, with or without any reason.
You must maintain the security of your password and identification, maintain and promptly update the Registration Data and any other information you provide to us, keep it accurate, current and complete, and accept all risks of unauthorised access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to us. You will be solely responsible for the safe custody of your login identification and password and to avoid its misuse by any third party. You must notify us immediately if you have reason to believe that any person has had unauthorised access to your Registration Data or your account.
You grant us permission to confirm the truthfulness and accuracy of the Registration Data through reasonable searches and enquiries but agree that we are not obliged to do so. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Proximie has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Proximie has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services.
While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure the security of the Site, Services and Apps, we will not be liable for any harm arising from or relating to the theft or disclosure of your Account Information or any other personal data or User Content collected through your use of the Site, Services or Apps.
2.2 Communications from Us
Whilst completing the online registration process, you will have the option to opt in to receiving third-party advertisements and promotional messages from third parties through the Site or App. You also have the option to give us permission to process your data, including linking it with other third-party information, so that we can show you relevant advertisements or promotional messages. We will not send you third party advertisements or promotional messages or process your data for marketing purposes unless you give us permission to do so. If you change your mind about receiving third party advertisements and promotional messages, you can alter your opt-in status by emailing us email@example.com or changing your preferences in your registered account.
2.3 Video Content
Some Interactive Areas such as Proximie Web are available only to our registered users to submit video content and associated workflows, annotations and other content (which together we define as “Video Content”).
- “Anonymised Video Content”, which is Video Content from which all Personal Data has been removed as described below; and
- Only Anonymised Video Content should be uploaded under an individual licence to Proximie.
We will not accept submissions of Video Content with Personal Data. Those institutions will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary consents have been obtained in relation to the Video Content with Personal Data, as described below.
In relation to Video Content, we require the following:
- The Video Content meets our content standards applicable to all User Content as described in section 1;
- You grant us a licence to use that Video Content; and
- You have confirmed whether the Video Content is Anonymised Video Content (in which case you must have removed any Personal Identifiable Information as described below).
For the purposes of this section 2, “Personal Data” means information relating to a natural person who can be identified or who is identifiable, directly from the information in question, or who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination with other information. Examples of Personal Data include but are not limited to name, identification number, location data or online identifier, or pictures or images of the individual’s face or other identifying features.
Anonymised Video Content
Before uploading Anonymised Video Content on the Site or Services, you must ensure and warrant that the Anonymised Video Content shall be free of Personal Data, and that you have removed all identifying information regarding any persons depicted or referred to in the Anonymised Video Content (except to the extent that the Personal Data relates to you alone, and is comprised in commentary, workflows or other ancillary content you include in the Anonymised Video Content). In particular, we require any of the following information to have been removed from any Anonymised Video Content (especially surgical videos):
- All geographical subdivisions smaller than a state, including street address, city, county, precinct, postal or zip code, and their equivalent geocodes;
- All elements (except year) for dates directly related to an individual, including birth date, admission date, patient encounter date, discharge date, date of death and exact age if over 89;
- Phone numbers, email addresses or other contact details;
- Social security or social or national insurance numbers, national identity number, or equivalent;
- Medical record numbers;
- Health card numbers, health plan beneficiary numbers, or Health Insurance Account numbers;
- Account numbers;
- Certificate or licence numbers;
- Vehicle identifiers and serial numbers, including license plate numbers;
- Device identifiers and serial numbers;
- Web Universal Resource Locators (URLs) and Internet Protocol (IP) address numbers;
- Biometric identifiers, including finger and voice prints;
- Full face photographic images and any comparable images;
- Photographic images of scars, tattoos, piercings etc. which would allow for identification; and
- Any other unique identifying number, characteristic, or code (note this does not include the unique code assigned by investigators to code the data).
To the extent that the Video Content you are uploading is Anonymised Video Content, you represent, warrant, and promise to the Company that the Anonymised Video Content shall be free of Personal Data, and that you have removed all identifying information regarding any persons depicted or referred to in the Anonymised Video Content.
You will indemnify us and our Affiliates in accordance with section 1.18 against any breach by you of any provision of this section 2.
2.4 Your Licence of Video Content
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms, Proximie grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive licence, and non-transferable licence to access, view and use any Video Content made available to you through the Site, Services, or Apps solely for your personal, educational and non-commercial purposes (which for the purposes of this provision will include the use of that Video Content for reference purposes and as a training, preparation and efficiency tool in connection with surgical training). Some Video Content may not be available to you unless you have paid an additional charge for access to it (via in-App purchase or otherwise).
Some Video Content may be subject to restricted access settings, particularly on Proximie Web, whereby the user may elect to share specified Video Content only with specified users.
Such licence does not include, except as and to the extent otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms:
- The collection, use, copying, for adaptation of any Video Content;
- Any resale, commercial use, commercial exploitation, distribution, public performance or public display of the Video Content;
- Modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Video Content, or any portion thereof;
- Downloading the Video Content; or
- Any use of the Video Content other than for their intended purposes.
Your Release and Our Licence of Video Content
By uploading Video Content, you:
Grant to the Company a worldwide, unrestricted, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable (through several tiers) licence:
- To display (publicly or otherwise) the Anonymised Video Content;
- To create new and different works that include the Anonymised Video Content, that is, to reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, and otherwise use the Anonymised Video Content or derivative works, in whole or in part, in any manner including in combination with any other material, in any format or media, whether now existing or hereafter devised;
- To use, reproduce, view, communicate to the public by any means, print, copy (whether onto hard disk or other media), edit, translate, perform and redistribute, modify, adapt, make, sell, offer to sell, transmit, distribute, license, transfer, stream, broadcast, create derivative works from, and otherwise use and exploit the Anonymised Video Content in all media, that is, in any and all media and by any means, whether now known or hereafter devised.
Represent, warrant, and promise to Proximie that you have obtained all releases and licenses from any and all persons and entities that appear in, or whose logos, branding or other trademarks, designs or copyright materials appear in, any Video Content you post, or that have any interest in any Video Content you post. Proximie shall not be responsible for obtaining any permissions, releases, licenses, or consents for any Video Content you post.
Waive all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with the Video Content, or any portion of it, including, without limitation, names and likenesses, or any advertising or publicity. You expressly release Proximie from all claims, demands, liabilities, or causes of action whether now known or unknown, for defamation, trademark or copyright infringement, violation of moral rights, and invasion of the rights to privacy, publicity, or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the Video Content.
Agree that Proximie is under no obligation to use, distribute, exhibit, or exploit the Video Content.
We may use any Video Content:
- In the case of Anonymised Video Content only, to the same extent as is permitted in relation to other User Content under section 1.11;
- To develop and test machine learning techniques. We will own all output data arising from any such development or testing, which we may use for any purposes (although our primary intention will be to build features and improve our Apps, Products and Services). Such output data will not include, comprise or be based on any Personal Data.
Accreditation and continuing learning
Some of the Content we may make available may be identified as accredited by one or more accrediting organisations, such that your viewing may be counted towards your fulfilment of your continuing medical education (CME), continuing professional development (CPD) or any similar requirements. We may offer certificates evidencing course completion, but it is nevertheless your responsibility to maintain your own records of your development activities. We do not guarantee that any of our Content will continue to be accredited.
For the avoidance of doubt, any accreditation of our Content does not limit the disclaimers set out in section 1.15 above. Nothing on our in our Site, Apps or Services is intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Medical professionals are responsible for their own clinical and surgical decisions and should not rely on the Site, Apps or Services in making them.