Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery. Proximie has the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation. Proximie is a rapidly growing, Series B funded, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that is powered by AR and can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insights so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon and is deployed in over 40 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a passionate Android engineer who is experienced with the full Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), change management, and modern tools and pipelines.
We’re open to someone who is technology agnostic who is excited by the prospect of working with new and latest technologies. If you do not meet all of the below (i.e. programming languages, etc) and believe you can make a difference at Proximie please get in touch.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, migrate, and maintain new features/systems.
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Reinforce development best practices for quality assurance, security, and deployment
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun hardworking workplace
- Contribute to research and the design of new systems
- Strong experience in Kotlin, Jetpack Compose and component-driven development.
- Recent experience in developing and deploying Android applications
- A strong background as a Senior Software Engineer
- Strong experience in Android testing frameworks.
- Strong experience in Git, Git Flow, and other code management tools
- Experience integrating REST API’s and Socket based systems
- Experience in Continuous integration tools, specifically GitHub Actions and Fastlane
- Experience in backlog management, code reviews, pull-requests, paired programming
- Near fluent English speaking, reading, and writing ability
- Experience with WebRTC, streaming video, audio and video codecs
- Experience with Wearable tech, Smart glasses, AR, VR and Mixed Reality platforms
- Experience working within regulatory compliance framework e.g. HIPAA, GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC-2
- We like to roll up our sleeves and get stuck into the business side of things. This means that you will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- 25 days paid holiday allowance plus public holidays.
- Bonus programme – based on individual contribution and company performance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working hours – we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- Flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia – with that you’ll have opportunities to see the world.