Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery. Proximie has the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation. Proximie is a rapidly growing, Series B funded, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that is powered by AR and can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insights so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon and is deployed in over 40 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a senior data engineer to join Proximieʹs data engineering team. As we grow as a company, our data becomes more important than ever. We need to expose it to make analytical decisions, store it securely, move it between different systems, all the while ensuring that we adhere to healthcare and data protection regulations.
As a senior engineer, you’ll take on responsibility for delivering functionality, and helping other members of the team develop. You’ll be working closely with a product manager and the other Proximie development teams.
- Building a cloud data lakehouse for analytic and aggregate data
- Building data pipelines
- Generate and curate a data catalogue in conjunction with product teams which own the data
- Developing foundations for handling larger volumes of streaming data
- Manage our cloud data infrastructure using IaC tooling
- Assist teams on integrating with the data lake, and consuming from
- Ability to take ownership of features and issues, and independently develop a solution, with support from your team lead where needed
- Data design, experience with data lakes, warehouses or preferably even a data lakehouse
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with data pipelines
- Database management experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a data engineer
- Experience across AWS products such as S3, Glue, EMR, Lambda, Aurora, or other databases
- Experience with messaging and event-processing platforms
- Able to work as a team to deliver against requirements in a collaborative and agile way
- Ability to communicate across teams to deliver the best outcome for all
- Ability to mentor and develop junior team members
- Certification from a major cloud provider, ideally AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or higher)
- Experience in creating data systems compliant with HIPAA, GDPR and related frameworks
- Experience of testing, CI, and monitoring data-driven applications
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with orchestration tools e.g. Airflow
- Experience with Terraform
WHY WORK FOR PROXIMIE?:
- We like to roll up our sleeves and get stuck into the business side of things. This means that you will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- 15 days paid holiday allowance (rising to 21 days after 2 years and 30 after 10 years) plus public holidays.
- Bi-annual programme – based on individual contribution and company performance.
- Co-NSSF Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours – we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- Flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia – with that you’ll have opportunities to see the world.
Proximie is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under Lebanese law.