Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery. Proximie has the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation. Proximie is a rapidly growing, Series B funded, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that is powered by AR and can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insights so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon and is deployed in over 40 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a passionate Android engineer who is experienced with the full Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), change management, and modern tools and pipelines.
We’re open to someone who is technology agnostic who is excited by the prospect of working with new and latest technologies. If you do not meet all of the below (i.e. programming languages, etc) and believe you can make a difference at Proximie please get in touch.
Want to use your design expertise for a greater purpose, and have an enormous impact on the health and lives of people across the globe? Here is your chance to join a hyper-growth series C company making a genuine difference.
We are Proximie, helping to save lives by sharing the worlds best clinical practice, through our SaaS platform. Proximie are looking for a Mobile focussed Product Designer (UX/UI) to join our expanding design team and help deliver delightful experiences that transform the surgical landscape, empowering surgical communities worldwide. Our desktop app is working well and we’d like to push customer engagement onto our app, with the help of your beautifully crafted designs.
As a key member of the Proximie Product & Tech Department, you will be part our growing design team and collaborate across the business with Product Managers, Marketers, Software Engineers, Visual Designers, and other Experience Designers to advance the digital operating theatre. The ideal candidate should be exceptionally strong in Product Design across native mobile apps.
The company was founded in 2016 and currently operates out of three main hubs (UK, US and Middle East) with customers across the globe, from Australia to Peru, Japan to Kenya. Proximie recently cleared a remarkably successful series B funding round, and the company is growing fast. We are already over 100 individuals and are scaling the design team to meet the demand of our new product lines.
Our office is London (Oxford Circus) and we’d love to see your face in our office once a week if possible. A huge part of this role is user research & with your customers being surgeons, some on site visits to hospitals, emergency rooms & OR’s is possible!
- Conduct core UX initiatives such as workshops, usability testing, competitor audits, cultural probes, heuristic evaluations, task and workflow analysis, field studies, card sorting etc. to inform your design decisions.
- Collaborate across all aspects of design to identify key user flows to serve as input to wireframes and testing with low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Work with mobile engineering team to ensure that features and flows are implemented to deliver the best customer experience and drive consistency.
- Participate in design reviews presenting the various stages of design to key stakeholders
- Operate as part of a cross-functional team within an Agile environment.
- Validate your solutions against customer needs while communicating with engineering to make sure they are technically feasible.
- Drive efficiency throughout every stage of the design pipeline.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other contributors to align the design vision to business goals.
- Be a key representative of Proximie Design and a champion for the value that design can add to meeting business goals
- Continually develop your skills and tooling to be at the forefront of User Experience design.
- Degree in Industrial / Product Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioural Psychology, or related field would be great.
- Evident mobile design experience in a product focussed company.
- Experience working within an Agile process environment.
- A portfolio of Product design work that clearly shows experience with core job responsibilities and demonstrates your design thinking and process, which led to the final solution.
- Experience in presenting findings in a concise and clear manner.
- We like to roll up our sleeves and get stuck into the business side of things. This means that you will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- 25 days paid holiday allowance plus public holidays.
- Bonus programme – based on individual contribution and company performance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working hours – we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- Flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia – with that you’ll have opportunities to see the world.