Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery. Proximie has the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation. Proximie is a rapidly growing, Series B funded, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that is powered by AR and can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insights so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon and is deployed in over 40 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We are looking for a passionate web engineer who is experienced with the full Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC), change management, and modern tools and pipelines. The ideal candidate has scaffolded applications from scratch, deployed them to production, and managed/mentored junior and mid-level full-stack software engineers.
We’re open to someone who is technology agnostic who is excited by the prospect of working with new and latest technologies. If you do not meet all of the below (i.e. programming languages, etc) and believe you can make a difference at Proximie please get in touch.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands-on lead, managing a tribe focused around fullstack technologies/feature paths
- Create, migrate, and maintain new features following ATDD and BDD methodology
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Reinforce development best practices for quality assurance, security, and deployment
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun hardworking workplace
- Contribute to research and the design of new distributed systems
- Near fluent English speaking, reading, and writing ability
- BSc Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- 5+ years professional experience focused around backend engineering and system design
- 2+ years working as a lead/architect building enterprise web applications
- 2+ years working with Docker and container-based services such as Kubernetes, AWS Fargate, etc
- Strong operational experience. Ideally in a 24×7 SaaS environment
- Strong experience in distributed system design and optimisation
- Strong experience in writing TypeScript and other pre/post processors such as WebPack
- Strong experience in Node.JS, Express, TypeORM, and SQL
- Strong experience in and scaffolding React 16+ applications and component libraries
- Strong experience in architecting role-based authorization, MFA, and multi-tenant systems
- Experience managing 5-10 Engineers (preferably Seniors/SE3)
- Experience in using Storybook.js and component-driven development
- Experience in modern CSS such as SCSS, CSS3 animations, Flexbox, Grid
- Experience in several testing frameworks and tools such as Swagger, BrowserStack, Jest, Cypress
- Experience in Git, Git Flow, and other code management tools
- Experience in Continuous integration tools such as CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc
- Experience in backlog management, code reviews, pull-requests, paired programming
- Experience in augmented reality and WebGL
- Experience in ISO 27001, GDPR, and HIPAA systems compliant systems and processes
- Experience in Nx/Nwrl monorepo architecture
- Experience with WebRTC, and associated SFU/MCU technologies
- Experience in C++, WebAssembly, and integrating other NDK’s
- Certified in AWS or Azure
- We like to roll up our sleeves and get stuck into the business side of things. This means that you will be encouraged to grow in your role, take ownership and gain responsibilities.
- 25 days paid holiday allowance plus public holidays.
- Quarterly bonus programme – based on individual contribution and company performance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working hours – we trust our people to manage their time and to focus on wider results.
- Flat organizational structure where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated, and innovation is encouraged.
- Proximie is a truly global company with teams across the UK, Europe, United States, Middle East, and Australia – with that you’ll have opportunities to see the world.