We are looking for a passionate engineer who is looking to build their knowledge in MedTech. Within typical business hours, the operations engineer will be trained to co-support multiple sites in and around their region. This involves building/bug fixing PCs, network troubleshooting, meeting, and demonstrating the Product to clients.
The candidate will report to the VP of Operations.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist healthcare system customers scattered across the U.S.
- Lead the implementation and initial configuration process for new deployments
- Consult with hospitals to modify firewalls/routers and to diagnose networking problems
- Ensure Adequate high-quality video call functionality and conduct on-site debugging when faults are detected.
- Educate physicians and hospital personnel on computer use, typical troubleshooting situations, and procedures using the Proximie system
- Contribute to the delivery of implementations
- Offer Technical Support in and around the designated location
- Debugging hardware builds and construction
- Documentation and distribution of products/hardware and keeping it up to date
- Product administration such as user account creation
- Ability to work in a team or work on their own
- Frequent travel within the US to hospital sites for the implementation and instruction of prospective hospital and medical device customers
- Ability to visit site locations and ship kit to site
- Execute on strategic operation initiatives for the company
- Fluent English speaking with reading and writing ability
- BSc Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical) or similar
- Experience in IT troubleshooting and network protocols
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting, building, tracking
- Experience in software troubleshooting, remote access, permissions
- Experience in media hardware and software such as Webcams,
Media encoders, Bluetooth headsets, etc
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up company
- Experience in stock/vendor management
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to identify opportunities
for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop
policies for data governance.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Products
- Evidence of no criminal record e.g. UK DBS Cleared
- Awareness of process and compliance certifications such as ITIL, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, etc
- Experience supporting medical systems
- Experience working in cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working with macOS and Windows OS
- Knowledge and understanding of Dynamics CRM software
- Can speak a second language fluently such as Spanish, German, Mandarin, etc
- Location: Flexible within the United States, preferably located near to a major airline hub
- Estimated Traveling within the United States (30%-60%)