Five billion people in the world do not have access to safe and affordable surgery. Proximie has the mission to save lives by democratizing healthcare through digital transformation. Proximie is a rapidly growing, Series B funded, mission-driven health care SaaS platform that is powered by AR and can virtually transport a surgeon into any operating room in the world, to remotely view, assist, mentor, or train not only other surgeons but also all healthcare staff and medical interns. Helping scale surgical expertise, from world-renowned hospital theatres to conflict zones, we save lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice and give every single clinician real-time insights so they can provide optimal patient care to every patient, every time.
Founded in 2016 by Dr. Nadine Hachach Haram an NHS surgeon, Proximie is headquartered in London, has offices in Boston and Lebanon and is deployed in over 40 countries around the world today.
Check out Nadine’s Origins Story here: https://www.proximie.com/about-us/
We seek outstanding software engineers. While your experience with the toolchain we use is important, we are more interested in your abilities to take difficult problems, break them down into manageable sub-problems, and then engineer high quality solutions.
Your role is to provide engineered artefacts through your own efforts and as part of a collective endeavour within the team.
Although our preference is for full stack engineers, candidates with a strong bias towards front end or back-end engineering will be considered. Front-end engineers should be especially capable in React based technologies, and have a detailed understanding of state management in complex and/or real-time web based environments. Back-end engineers should be expert in Node.js and supporting toolsets, and come with deep cloud native experience, with AWS especially valued.
The scope of that output is your product, or as circumstances require, other products to enable delivery within your product. As part of this you will:
- Adhere to the Secure Software Development Lifecycle of Proximie, as implemented by the Delivery function in conjunction with the Engineering Leadership.
- Deliver artefacts to the best of your abilities, given regard to your technical skillsets and delivery experience.
- Act on and respond to data from monitoring, instrumentation and investigation tools as part of our efforts towards continual improvement.
- Maintain existing software assets as required.
- Coach and educate others, and be open to coaching and education from others, as part of our efforts towards developing all our people in their professional skillsets.
- Fluency in using testing frameworks such as Jest/Mocha, Cypress etc. to deliver high quality software
- Working knowledge in using SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.)
- Working knowledge in using Continuous Integration tools such as GitHub Actions, CircleCi etc.
- Working knowledge of git and version control systems
- Working in a highly regulated / compliance centric environment, and especially healthcare
- High performance distributed systems
- Video encoding (ffmpeg)
- Video playback (CDNs, VideoJS, HLS)
- Search engines (Elasticsearch)
- Architectural design patterns (CQRS)